Sunday 11 September 2016

The Birth of a New Necklace Series

When out in nature - whether it be in my day job, working in the garden or venturing out with Heath - there is always something that makes me catch my breath, and stop to take a closer look.  From time to time, a small trinket from nature comes home with me to be added to my collection as a source of inspiration.  It might be a leaf where the texture or shape or colour catches my eye or a perfectly smooth rock that almost vibrates with energy when held in the hand.  My most favourite pieces are displayed in the corner of my workspace as being surrounded by meaningful and/or inspirational bits'n'bobs imbues for me the most perfect ambience to create.  

Here is one of my offering bowls - a leaf that fell at my feet when we first moved here which has the most glorious colourings; a stone so smooth and energy-filled; a cap from a gumnut I found in our garden which sat in a circle of dirt with nothing surrounding it; a succulent flower from my "Lavender Scallops" which blows my mind how perfect the colour and structure is; and finally, a gift of labradorite and crystal from one of the most soulful and kindred spirits I've met online - Julie of Uglibeads - all nestled in a handmade ceramic dish from Thailand which I bought on our honeymoon. 


Recently, whilst arranging a collection of items, my muse screamed at me "yessssss" and after a lot of percolating, my "Findings of Nature" series was born.  I've three one of a kind pieces planned thus far, the first of which will contain a found piece of driftwood, a tree limb disc from another project I'm working on, one of my polymer clay nature-inspired sticks and an interestingly shaped stone which I've handpainted.  Here is a sneaky peek:



I'm currently trying to nut out the best way to connect it altogether so it's structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing so am letting that stew for a bit longer as sometimes the drawing doesn't always work out hahaha.  But can't wait to share the finished result :)

Enjoy your week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment