Wednesday 3 August 2016

Making a Connection

I'm not sure why, or if others experience this, but whenever I move houses, it takes an awfully long time for me to connect with my new art space.  It's especially frustrating and quite laughable as I skirt around the perimeters of the room but avoid going in as if I'm about to go on a first date.  I'm so nervous, I hate it.  I can't help it. And I laugh at myself for doing it.  I don't know why it happens but when the time is right, we connect and it's wonderful!  

So after two months since I've set up my space, I took a deep breath and finally took the plunge.  I pumped the music, danced about for a bit, removed the curtain to let more light in as crappy weather continues then sat down at my table to stare out the window for about 20 minutes hahaha. And this is my view ...


Keeping in mind my recently finished concept piece I loved doing, I thought I'd start working on the planned A3 size.  
 And after a few nights, I completed it.  I have grave difficulty naming any of my pieces so I've arrived at the aptly named "Eucalyptus - Leaves and Gumnuts" as being my source of inspiration.  And also why I can now I feel connected and can comfortably work in my space :)

Here it is:



Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment