Thursday 2 March 2017

The Bowl That Inspired The Necklace

Back in January, I blogged about an offering bowl which inspired my new "Dream Weaver" necklace series.  In the throws of creative energy, I had stopped working on the offering bowl and jumped straight into making the pendant for the necklace.  Here it is below:


I was terribly unsure if it was too outside of the box, however, reassurance came in the way of a tremendous amount of positive feedback and the above piece sold straight away, which totally floored me!  

So after what feels like yet another week from hell, where absolutely everything that could go wrong does go wrong, I needed to calm my mind with some meditative creating and ended up finishing the offering bowl last night.  I love the way it sits in the hand, tightly coiled with splashes of colour, with its warmth permeating the fibre.  The only downside to it being a bowl is the fact it's so difficult to photograph hahah so here it is top down:


It's almost the weekend (yayyyyy) so enjoy every minute whatever you choose to do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment