Friday 24 February 2017

New Wall Art Piece - 2

My favourite colour palette acts as a safety net when it comes to my creations as my designs come freely and I know the finished piece is going to be as I imagined.  So, excited to create another wall hanging in a similar style to the one I made for myself, I decided to use a colour palette I wouldn't normally choose.  I had used it once when creating my handpainted bookmarks (middle bookmark in the below pic) and I loved the outcome.  Wondering how it would look on a much larger scale was what piqued my muse:


One good thing about painting the discs is as each piece consists of multiple layers which require dry time in-between each layer, I can work on them in short bursts which suits my schedule wonderfully!

I finished painting the discs earlier this week and pondered on what selection of beads to use and how it was going to hang:


And this morning, I finished linking it altogether using an array of Indian glass, semiprecious gemstones, Mykonos ceramics and Czech glass:


And it's all complete!


Have a wonderful week ahead :)




No comments:

Post a Comment