Saturday 3 December 2016

For My Studio

For quite some time I've wanted to make a wall hanging for my studio.  We've lived in rental properties for quite awhile, and as you're only allowed to use already existing picture hooks, I've held off making something for me as writing letters to real estate agents for permission to knock a hole in a wall is a bit of a headache.  So in the process of brightening my studio, and now being able to do whatever we like, I thought why not!

Earlier this week, I shared on Instagram the main components for the wall hanging using acrylic on wood:



By midnight last night/this morning, it was done and I couldn't be happier!!  I'm unsure if it requires a fifth strand - what do you think?




Using a selection of wood, Irish waxed linen, gemstones, recycled glass, bone and natural seed pods, it's exactly what I had envisaged.  

Hope you have a marvellous weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment