Wednesday 26 October 2016

New Piece from the "Elements: Fire" Series - Rebirth

These last three weeks have been tough. Energy draining physical labour and my body hurts.  It's this time of year when everything awakens from its deep slumber, where the sun shines when it's not raining and regrowth just leaps with vigour from the earth. And it's hard to keep up and not suffer physically from it.  As well with the change in the direction of the sun and losing an hour, I've not settled well into the coming of the new season.  So these last three weeks have been mechanical, groundhog-ish days where rest has been limited and bone-weariness has set in, and we're only halfway through the season <gulp!!>

During the snippets of spare time over these past three weeks, I've been very slowly working on a new piece from a design of last year.  During my normal creative process, what came to me was a description highlighting 'rebirth' and an image of a Phoenix arising from the ashes.  I knew which direction I wanted to head in and decided to redesign my original idea.  When I make a piece, everything is considered.  All items have been made or selected as if they're invisible jigsaw pieces connected in perfect harmony.  And this is why my pieces take weeks to complete <grin> and thankfully my prices don't reflect my labour hahahah.  Sometimes an item used has a specific meaning and other times, it's the overall vibe.  For this particular piece, its meaning was what was important and the description I received during my creative process was incredibly meaningful for me, "From the flame, rebirth occurs as the cycle of nature continues unemotionally".

So here is the new piece I'll be adding to my "Elements: Fire" series I've nicknamed "Rebirth":


Top to bottom:  A handmade pendant using my favourite combination of Starry Road and Scorched Earth ceramics, Havana Beads lampwork and my own polymer clay bead cap complimented with a selection of seed beads, a Rock Hound dangle and beaded leaves. The warm hues in the neckpiece completes this piece using Mykonos ceramics, Czech glass and seed beads paired in meaningful numbers for strength, protection and health finished with macrame and a handmade adjustable clasp. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment