Sunday 14 February 2016

Work in Progress and New Online Platform

Happy Sunday (and also Happy Valentine's Day ❤️) everyone!

After an extremely hectic couple of weeks (with more to come until March) in the day job, I've been pretty spent energy wise to do anything other than work, sleep, work, sleep.  Unfortunately this means, for me, not much block time to work on some of my larger projects. 

Instead, to keep the creative flame slowly burning, I've been steadily working on these two projects: teaching myself basket weaving.  This is my first attempt so very rough:


...  and sketching a design to turn into a much larger painting for our home:


Also, I've been to-ing and fro-ing trying to decide between multiple online platforms to share my work and blog.  As you know, last year, I began listing up some of my older work on here but found there was a .com issue meaning some of my followers were unable to view it online so I occasionally shared individual pieces to my Facebook page as well.  However, with Facebook, the views haven't been as many as I had hoped without having to pay for "paid likes", which, in my opinion, aren't really genuine likes.

Until such time as I can hold another market stall or two, I thought why not try another online platform.  I'm unhappy with how Etsy has changed from being an online handmade marketplace to now being one similar to that of eBay, and Madeit.com.au doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic (in my personal experience), so I decided to give a free trial of Indiemade a go.  What you'll see there is the same you've seen before here on Blogger and Facebook (which I'm running in conjunction with Indiemade) until I'm able to upload new work.

Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://highlystrungcreations.indiemade.com

So if all goes to plan, I'm going to have lots of new and unique pieces for you this year:
- woven items (ie boho bags, journal covers etc)
- necklace series and designs
- handmade components
- paintings and prints
- handmade handicrafts 

Enjoy your week ahead 🌻

No comments:

Post a Comment